VERNON BARFORD - ENROLLMENT UPDATES
Grade 9 = All attendance area and returning students have been accepted. The Literacy and Challenge programs are full and not accepting any additional students. A few spaces are still available in the Regular program for students who did not pre-register with another EPSB school.
Grade 8 = All attendance area and returning students have been accepted. The Literacy program and Challenge program are full and not accepting any additional students. All students who selected the Vernon Barford Reguler program as part of the pre-enrollment process have been admitted. The Grade 8 Regular program is now full and no additional students will be accepted.
- Regular Program = No random selection. All students who pre-enrolled for the Regular Program have been accepted.
- Challenge Program = Families who live inside the Vernon Barford attendance area and are coded appropriately have been admitted into the Challenge program. Families who are admitted to Vernon Barford are welcomed to our school community but no additional communication will occur at this time. A random selection process will be employed for families who live outside the Vernon Barford attendance area. Families who are part of the random selection process will be notified by phone when the EPSB supervised processes are complete (no later than April 26th). Available options will be discussed with families of students who are not successful in the random selection process.
- Literacy Program = The Literacy program is now full and not accepting any additional students.
Key Dates with respect to the random selection process are:
- Wednesday, April 17th = Student information submitted to EPSB
- Thursday, April 18th = Random selection process occurs at EPSB Centre for Education
- Friday, April 19th = Good Friday (School Closed)
- Monday, April 22nd = Easter Monday (School Closed)
- Tuesday, April 23rd = Phone calls to families impacted by random selection begin
- Friday, April 26th = Last day for schools to contact families regarding outcome of random selection process.