REGISTRATION FOR 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR
Parents will need to bring in the following supporting documentation to verify your student's identity and your current home residence:
- Student’s Canadian Birth Certificate (or proof of eligibility to attend school in Canada, for example, Canadian Passport/PR Card/Citizenship Card or Certificate WITH Non-Canadian Birth Certificate if the student was born outside Canada) , AND
- Three documents from the following list for proof of residence address:
- Parent’s Driver’s License
- Utility Bills for the residence
- Tax documents
- Other Bills or Bank Statements
- Rental Agreement / Mortgage document
- Please note that the above documents all need to show parent(s) name and consistent mailing/service address within the school attendance boundaries.
Please check our current Boundary Map to see if you reside in the Vernon Barford attendance area.
Please be aware that Vernon Barford is an enrollment limit school. We will accommodate all students who live in our attendance boundaries and select Vernon Barford prior to the registration deadline. While each year we also accept students from outside our boundaries, we have an enrollment cap in all of our programs that cannot be exceeded. For example, we can only accept 60 challenge students in grade 7 each year and do not typically accept academic challenge students at the grade 8 or 9 level as students who join us in grade 7 remain with us through the end of grade 9 so the program is already full. Also note that both the challenge program and the literacy program are special needs programs and as such students need to be coded appropriately by their current school if they wish to be considered for entrance to one of these programs.
If you have an EPS Student School Zone account, please check the link below to see the life at Vernon Barford.