REGISTRATION FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR
As all grades at Vernon Barford are now full and closed, we can only accept students who move into our boundaries (see map below) after April 14, 2022 (must be newly moved).
For current EPSB students who newly moved in or who have not pre-enrolled in another school, please email Vernon Barford School (email@example.com) the following information and upload supporting documents (see below). We will contact you after reviewing the information to confirm acceptance after August 24, 2022:
- Student Name
- Contact Information
- School attended in 2021-22 school year
- Grade in 2022-23 school year
Supporting Documentation for registration:
- Student’s Canadian Birth Certificate with parents’ names printed on it (or proof of eligibility to attend school in Canada, for example, Canadian Passport/PR Card/Citizenship Card or Certificate WITH Non-Canadian Birth Certificate if the student was born outside Canada), AND
- Minimum of three to five documents from the following list for proof of residence address:
- Parent’s Driver’s License
- Utility Bills for the residence – gas, water and power, phone, cable, etc.
- Government-issued documents
- Other Bills or Bank Statements
- Car/Property/Tenancy Insurance
- Mortgage document
Please note that the above documents must show the parent(s) name and consistent mailing/service address within the school attendance boundaries. A rental agreement does not qualify as valid proof of residence.
If you have an EPS Student School Zone account, please be sure to access the link below to find out more information about many other wonderful aspects of Vernon Barford.
Please be aware that Vernon Barford is an enrollment-limit school. We will accommodate all students who live within our attendance boundaries and select Vernon Barford before the registration deadline. While we accept students from outside our boundaries each year, we have an enrollment cap in all of our programs that cannot be exceeded. For example, this year, we were only able to accept 70 Gifted and Talented Program students in grade 7 and do not typically accept Gifted and Talented students at grade 8 or 9 levels as students who join us in grade 7 remain with us through the end of grade 9, so the program is already full. Also, note that the Gifted and Talented Program is a special needs program, and as such, students need to be coded appropriately by their current school if they wish to be considered for entrance.